Come for the resources, stay for the airconditioning.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
The Peace and Leadership Club, Intercultural Program, and Peace Studies Program invite you to celebrate International Day of Peace at Golden West College.
As part of our efforts to raise awareness on how education can change the lives of girls around the world, we will be screening the documentary, “Girl Rising,” on the evening of Monday, September 21st at the GWC Student Center. Information on “Girl Rising” can be found at http://girlrising.com/about-us/index.html#why-girls.
The Peace and Leadership Club will be holding a drive for the Brown Bag Project during this event. Club members fill brown paper bags with items such as razors, baby wipes, water bottles, toothbrushes, combs, crackers, hard candy, granola bars, etc. and keep them in their cars to hand out to our local homeless population. Extra-credit forms will be available for those wishing to donate to this project.
Local non-profits will be at the event to give information and opportunities to volunteer in our local community.
This event is open to the public and is there is no cost to attend.
Posted by GWC Librarian at 2:21 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- Quiet, study space - The library is located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Learning Resources Center building off of Goldenwest Street. Find a chair overlooking the California Native Gardens for some good feng shui while you study.
- Group Study rooms - We have lovely group study rooms that have white boards, a computer, flat screen monitor, and a conference table that fits 4-6 students. Students can book 1x per week for up to two hours, up to one week ahead of time at the reference desk with current student id.
- Chat with a Librarian (or text) - Have a question? Want to book a group study room while you're still at home or at work? You can chat with a librarian online at goldenwestcollege.edu/library or text your question to 714-882-5425 during library open hours.
- Textbooks - The library has textbooks! We don't have everything, but you can see what we have by going to goldenwestcollege.edu/library and clicking on "Course Reserve". Textbooks check out for 2 hours at the public services desk with student id and are for in library use only. We have scanners and photocopiers (10 cents per page, black & white) though!
- Librarians - Think of the librarians as less the shushing types and more of your research coaches! We're here to help you find those great quality resources for your assignments and papers. Having trouble finding stuff? Librarians are here to help.
Posted by GWC Librarian at 8:27 AM